Tuesday, February 26, 2013

iPad Conference - Transforming Learning






On February 9-10, 12 of our teachers and two administrators attended the iPad conference in Shekou.

The iPad has given us the unprecedented ability to connect, create and share with the world.  When aligned with sound pedagogy, this device has the potential to transform student learning experiences, anytime, anywhere.  This workshop explored the tangible ways in which the iPad is redefining teaching and learning.


Focus Areas:
  • The Apple Ecosystem
  • Discoverability of content
  • Supporting Literacy & Numeracy
  • Catering for the diverse needs of learners
  • Creating with the iPad
  • Learning with the iPad:  From Substitution to Redefinition
What did you learn about?

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that this was one of the best conferences I have been to in awhile. I walked away with a lot of great ideas (and doable) that I am interested in trying within my own classroom. For example, I have been trying to find a better way to share students' work to parents/family, and thanks to a second grade teacher's presentation at the conference, she demonstrated a great way to use KidsBlog to do just that. I would really like to try to implement KidsBlog into my classroom routine. Maybe start by "messing around" with KidsBlog this year, and eventually including it from start to finish of a school year.
    Also, I was introduced to the Aurasma App at the conference. This is an easy and great App for making augmented materials, projects, etc. I would love to include this in one of our second grade Social Studies or Science Units. The students would love it!

    ReplyDelete